Daily Self Improvement – Enhanced Journaling
Good habits get built slowly, strand by strand and thread by thread, into mightly cables. Good habits will lead you to ever greater success.
A good habit for self improvement is to journal at the end of each day.
A way to make it an even better write-up, and for it to help you improve further faster, is to include:
- Goals for that day (which you can write up as the day begins or the night before)
- A summary of the day past (just like in a normal journal)
- What went right — at least one thing that went as expected or better than expected
- What went wrong — at least one thing that went worse than expected
- What was the root cause of the most prominent Best and Worst of the day -- this guides future action
That can look like more work -- it’s really not, and it is significantly more helpful.